The Woodlands High School Belief Statements
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the learning of all students.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning style.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process, produce quality work, and apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.